Thursday, February 20

Retro Tie-Collar Blouse


My sister had this fabric for a long time. It is a shifon-like and probably polyster-made from 70's. She had 3 meters of this fabric and asked me to sew a dress. But I suggested to make a blouse, because the print and colours are quite bold and a dress would have had far too much horde!

I had this design in my mind for a while; a V-shape neckline blouse with tie collar which is only attached to the back of the neckline in order to be playful and versitile.


For this blouse, I used my own pattern. I sewed it using my mum's old Hosqvarna sewing machin. I used French seam technique and snaps for front and cuffs closur.



The tie tails are loose in front and can be palyful.

You can leave it in a care-free catual state:


Or make a tie close to neck:


Or, at the side of neck:


Or, a tie away from neck like a Vshape neckline it is:


You can also twist the tails together and make a rose flower:



Alternatively, use a ring to hold it on place:

Possibilities are endles!

The construction is quite simple; I cut the tie on bias and attached it only to the back neckline.

I am very happy with the result and my sister seems to like it too.


Cheers!

2 comments:

SF said...

you did a great job... you need to mention that you made it in just one day! ... and yes, I am the lucky happy sister :)

Libra-s said...

I'm glad you like it!