Saturday, March 3

wool red jacket is finished

I finally finished the jacket I was knitting.

It took me almost four months to knit it. I made a swatch first, Based on that I casted on the required stiches for my neck line and worked the way down. I didn't use any particular pattern, and as I went I designed it. I finished it by a series of triangles at the hem and sleeves edge.

After that, I grabbed a row of stitches from the neck line and knitted the collar.

I was very happy about the whole project until I realise that I made a mistake! In one of the triangles, I used the wrong stitches in a row.

I searched the internet to see if there was any way to fix that. To my surprise, I could not find anything. I had to find a way myself. That's what I came up with:
I believe this is good enough. In fact, after blocking the jacket, I could not even spot the mistake.

In general, I am very happy with this jacket. I sewed the buttons and it is ready to be worn!
I will post more photos soon.

No comments: